Friday, August 9, 2013

Jeannette's Story 7

I want to start part 7 of Jean's section by making a correction in the last couple lines of the last section, 6 ... the part that says the tour of Drew's house ends much to the delight of Jean is misleading ... it sounds like Jean wanted the tour to end ... that is not what I meant ... I meant to say that Jean was very delighted in the tour ... quite fascinated by Drew's gorgeous house ...

Now let us continue this extraordinary glimpse behind Magdalene's super secret veil ...

The Priestesses of Magdalene were extremely careful with what they showed Jean ... only exposing her to enough so that the general public would be convinced based on her eye witness account ... they would eventually hold meetings with her telling her things for her ears only ... I was not present ... and Jean was instructed not to share the items with me ... Sarah told me of this arrangement in advance of those meetings explaining that the Magdalenian intelligence strategy required this arrangement ... Jean's experience with Magdalene will bear witness to an unearthly experiment here on Earth --- > that of the global thought experiment to reveal the Monolith, a cosmic event ...

There were ample amounts of pastries present during lunch ...

Jean:  My goodness, a very beautiful variety of donuts ... what bakery did you get this from? ...
Heidi:  I own the bakery, Darling ... down the road a few miles in Michigan City ...
Jean:  You are very creative ... these designs are very impressive ... hope I don't get fat ... they are delicious ...
Heidi:  Thanks, Hon ... we will help you keep that gorgeous form you have ... do you work out? ...
Jean:  No ... I have a high metabolism ... I can eat and stay skinny ... but, I know it will catch up with me ... I am going to start exercising ... develop a regimen ... make it a way of life ... I feel confident that I can handle it ...
Sarah:  We will help to encourage you ... this network of women will prove quite beneficial to you in this regard ...
Jean:  I look forward to your support ...
Dezi:  You drink coffee, Jean? ...
Jean:  In moderation ...
Dezi:  We like to experiment with coffee ... there a lot of healing qualities in the coffee bean ... try this ...
Jean:  Wow ... this is really good ... what did you put in it? ...
Dezi:  Some of our specially made cream with egg nog ... and a hint of rum ...
Jean:  Yikes! ... I am not going to be running to the toilet am I? ...

Screaming laughter from all ...

Dezi:  Oh no, Honey ... your system can handle it ...
Jean:  Well, just bless me, girlfriend ... this is mighty good ... I want the recipe ...
Dezi:  And you shall have it ... (smiling broadly) ... can I have a hug? ...

They embrace in a warm hug ...

Ava:  Jean, you have a lot of very good qualities ... I have been admiring the way you have been expressing yourself ... you appear to have taken to us quite rapidly ... I am impressed with that ... Abe, picked a winner ... we expected that he would ...
Jean:  Thank you so much for that compliment ... If I may use one of Abe's phrases, I will manage my modesty ...
Ava:  Very well said ... do you have plans for college? ...
Jean:  No ... I may down the road ... coming from Yazoo County High School to the big city of Chicago is a cultural adjustment I am still making ...
Heidi:  You are well spoken ... do you do a lot of reading ...
Jean:  I love to read ... I lose myself in some of the romantic stories  I read ... I love adventure ... reading different books takes my mind to different places ...
Drew:  Aha! ... that explains it ... your love of reading has helped to shape how you express yourself ...
Jean:  Ok ... I can see that ...
Ava:  We asked Abe to choose a young African American woman who was not hardened by city life ... and he certainly picked a winner in you ... he saw that you were the type of person whom we want to write into our extraordinary screenplay ...
Jean:  Thank you ... I admire you ... just love some of those movies you have done ...
Ava:  Thanks, Dear ... 

The door bell rings ... Drew answers ... it is Twiggy (Lesley Hornby), the model ... she is introduced to Jean ... greetings are exchanged as the introduction is made ...

Jean:  You are not as thin as you use to be ...
Twiggy:  I am still carrying some of the weight I gained from last year's pregnancy ...
Jean:  How is your baby girl? ...
Twiggy:  Splendid ... (turning her attention to me) ... how is my boyfriend? ...
Abe:  Spendid ... (we hug and engage in a very passionate tongue kiss) ...

The emotions sear through Jean though she manages to contain herself from showing any too overt ... but, make no mistake, the women read the subtle changes in her face quite well ...

Twiggy:  (Returning her attention to Jean) We have a postulant ...
Jean:  What's a postulant? ...
Twiggy:  A candidate for admission into a religious order ...
Jean:  This is a religion? ...
Twiggy:  No, but it is a sacred order that is very spiritually inclined ...
Jean:  It's an honor and privilege ...
Twiggy:  Indeed it is ...

Jean does not ask questions about Twiggy's relationship with her husband (information she is aware of from media sources) ... though we read the curiosity in her face ...

Jean:  How long have you two been dating? ...
Twiggy:  My goodness, Abe ... didn't you tell her? (feigned teasing) ...
Abe:  I told her that I was dating and had no exclusive partner ...
Twiggy:  Wellllllll, let's see, hmmmmm, how old are you, Honey? ... (in a teasing manner) ...
Abe:  Yeah, right, like you really don't know ... I am 21 ...
Twiggy:  (Returning her attention to Jean) Ok, he was 17 ... his mom was ok with it ... I just couldn't resist this underage kid ...
Abe:  Are you sure I wasn't 16? ... (feigned teasing) ...
Twiggy:  Oh, wait, that's right ... you just turned 17 ... I believe we started on your 17th birthday ...
Abe:  Ok ... well ... ok ...

Now of course Jean is perplexed because she is aware of Twiggy's marriage ... and that she has been married for a couple of  years ... and what about that baby? ... no, the baby is not mine ...             

Now wait for this one, folks! ...

The door bell rings again ... Drew answers ... it is Lady Diana Spencer ... that is correct ... the future Princess of Wales ... at this time, Prince Charles is dating her older sister ...  she is introduced to Jean ... greetings are exchanged as the introduction is made ...

Drew:  More English nobility ...
Jean:  You are of English nobility? ...

Before Di (Diana) can answer ...

Drew:  That's why she is referred to as Lady Diana Spencer ... I know that I only introduced her as Diana Spencer ... in our order, we relax protocol, only using it when necessary ... I consider Twiggy nobility in a manner of speaking because she is such a fashion icon ... especially during the 60s for the English teens growing up ...
Di:  I certainly admired her as I was growing up ... I am still a fan of hers ...
Twiggy:  Thanks, Hon ...
Abe:  You still cleaning houses, Sugar ... and doing nanny work ... the toilet needs cleaning ... and some of the babies need their diapers changed ...

Laughter from all except Jean ...

Di:  Oh my God, here he comes ... just love to abuse me then love me ...

Jean is visibly jarred by the exchange ... her eyes moisten ... but, she manages to ask,

Jean:  He's kidding, right? ... I mean royalty don't clean houses for a living nor do nanny work ... right? ...
Di:  Uhhhhhhhhh ... welllllllll ... hmmmmmmm ... (feigned ignorance ... and smiling devilishly) ... I have done that ... I consider it part of my training in terms of me wanting to be just a regular girl ...
Jean:  Seriously, ok ... I can appreciate that ... I love regular people ... I can relate ...
Di:  You are very charming ...
Jean:  Thanks ...

I walk over to Di ... we engage in a very passionate hug and tongue kiss ... Jean stunned looks at Twiggy ... who smiles mischievously ... then answer the expression in Jean's face ...

Twiggy:  He is indeed dating with no exclusive partner ...
Jean:  Ok ... apparently ...
Heidi:  Abe told us that you mention to him how good looking and charming your boyfriend is ...
Jean:  Yes ... I did tell him that ...
Abe:  I would like to meet him ... is that possible? ...
Jean:  I am not sure ... he appears to be flexible in his thinking ... I am not sure if I would be comfortable approaching him with this ...
Sarah:  Do you feel you are being less than honest with him by being here with Abe even though Abe is a platonic friend ...

Jean is stung by the question but bravely addresses it ...

Jean:  You know ... (she pauses due to the sting of embarrassment) ... uh ... you do have a point ... I mean ... I am so impressed with you women that I might as well face up to it ... I want to be honest with myself ... and I do believe he would react with jealously ...
Dezi:  It's ok, Honey ... you are in good hands with us ... we understand ... don't be too hard on yourself ...
Twiggy:  What do you think a solution would be? ...
Jean: Wow ... I find myself in an awkward situation ... (she struggles with her feelings of anger and embarrassment) ... I want to keep seeing Abe ... so, I will talk to Joel (Miller - her boyfriend) and see how he feels about me having a platonic friend who is a coworker ...
Sarah:  Will you tell him that you accompanied Abe here to Union Pier? ...
Jean:  It just occurred to me to use Abe's offer to teach me how to drive as a means to explain that to him ...
Heidi:  Ok, that might work ....
Ava:  The reason we brought up your boyfriend, Jean, is because we plan to write him in along with you ... but, we do not want to bring him into our fold ... we only want to focus on your relationship with him as you share  it with us ... and it is most important that we focus on real life situations so that people can relate to it ...
Jean:  I understand ... I think of the way I lose myself in some of the more powerful stories I read that are real life situations as well as --- > those that are as close to real life situations as possible ...
Ava:  Very well said ...

The priestesses have succeeded in strengthening the bond between Jean and I ... and now this part of her initiation draws to a close ... we spend a couple more hours at Drew's before returning to Chicago ... Jean is smitten ... just love that sisterhood ... on the ride home  she relates,


Jean:  What an awesome group of women! ... you are really into something ...
Abe:  Just you wait and see ... when can we start your driving lessons? ...
Jean:  I am anxious to get started  ... can we do some things today? ...
Abe:  Sure ... let's drive by my high school ... it's en route to your house ... we can drive around in the parking lot ...

We do so  ... and thus begin Jean's driving lessons ... she catch on fast ... after an hour I take her home ... en route I ask,

Abe:  When do you plan to speak with Joel about us? ...
Jean:  I will call him this evening ...
Abe:  How do you feel? ...
Jean:  I feel like I can handle Joel ... I am confident that I  can say the right things that allow us to continue being friends ...
Abe:  Ok ... would it be asking too much to have you call me after you speak to him and let me know how it went? ...
Jean:  No ... not at all ...

We arrive at her place ... say our good-byes ... I return to my apartment in Hyde Park Chicago ... I chose this neighborhood because of its diversity ... and it is anchored by one of the world's most prestigious universities ... the University of Chicago ... it is an elite cultural environment for African Americans ... the Museum of Science and Industry is in this neighborhood too ... a place I visited many times through the years ... my family moved from the housing projects of Robert Taylor Homes into this neighborhood ... they live within walking distance of me ...

To be continued ...                          
 


No comments:

Post a Comment